Tuesday, September 10, 2024

I Want To Remember You As A Nice Person



I Want To Remember You As A Nice Person (but you’re making it very hard because of your support for genocide)

by C.A. Matthews

Dear “Friend”:

I honestly don’t know how to address you. I apologize if you no longer consider me your friend or if you don’t want me to call you a friend, but I still care about you. I’m very concerned about you because of recent comments you made. This is why I’m writing you this letter.

I’m going to come out and admit what's really bothering me here. No beating about the bush. No subtle hints or subtext. Just plain ol’ English. Okay, here goes… Aagh! This is going to be much harder than I thought it would be.

There should be some polite way of saying what’s driving us apart, but I can’t think of any way to put it other than the brutal truth: I don’t trust you anymore. There. I’ve said it. I can’t trust anyone who thinks that the genocide of 200,000+ human beings in Gaza is “joyful” or “not important in this election”.

You’ve used those terms about what’s happening in Gaza and the West Bank on social media platforms. You’ve taunted me and others like me there and ignored me whenever I wanted to discuss the subject further in person. You’ve even insulted my intelligence when I told you who I supported for president... 


To read the rest of this article, click on this link to go to our Substack page: https://therevolutioncontinues.substack.com  There you'll also see the related article and video links, all the images, and be able to leave comments. You can subscribe to receive the weekly blog post in your email box as well. Subscribe today! Power to the people!  

No comments:

Post a Comment